fiesta bachelorette party: beverages

I was recently enlisted to co-plan and host a friend's bachelorette party, and while I'm more than happy to oblige, I have to admit, planning and executing a sweet little fiesta-inspired bachelorette party in only a few short weeks (while in the midst of moving and keeping up with work) has me extremely nervous! Extremely!

So, my plan is to tackle it bit by bit. For instance, today, I did some menu development and beverage research. And I've come to one conclusion, as long as we have sangria and margaritas, all will be good - especially if they're displayed in my Crate and Barrel jars with lids and stainless steel ladles (I'm pretty sure the ones in the photos below are identical to mine)!


I found several highly rated drink recipes on my good-old-standby, AllRecipes.com, but I think a variation on White Peach Sangria and (would-you-believe-it) Beer Margaritas (don't knock it until you read the reviews!) are the winners! Of course, I'll have to test them with Nathan (I know, life's tough!) before I commit. I'll be sure to report back.

White Peach Sangria - variation
Serves 24
4 bottles dry white wine
3 cups peach flavored vodka
1-1/2 cups frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
1 cup white sugar
4 pounds small diced white peaches
3 cups small diced apples
3 cups whole raspberries

Beer Margarita's - variation
Serves 24
4 (12 fluid ounce) cans frozen limeade concentrate
6 cups tequila
6 cups water
6 cups light Mexican beer
ice
4 lime, sliced

5 comments:

JennyLee said...

The Sangria recipe sounds amazing! Good luck!

Colleen Clark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Bachelorette party fun:
find old prom dresses "vintage"
consignments, thrift stores may have them or ask a relative that keeps everything! gather all your fun friends bride maids ect...
make reservations to dinner, them go dancing "prom vintage style"
make sure Bride has her teara on or name swag across dress so she can shine!

Rocket said...

My sister had her bachelorette party chicago and it was a blast! I swear I dont even remember half the crazy stuff we did!

Loestrin said...

hi,
I have tried your "Beer Margarita's" in my brothers bachelorette party
my friends ask from me what was that, is realy testy and yummi...
thanks dear....
_____________