tables, candles, and flowers, oh my!

I love me some long tables. Love, love, love them! But my florist just told me that I would actually need more "stuff" (not less) to fill up a long, banquet tables than I would with a standard, round table. Yes, yes, I know, there are fewer inches of space to fill width-wise, but there are far more feet to fill length-wise. When my florist explained this to me, my heart got so heavy! Why, oh why, is everything going wrong? Apparently this happens to everyone, not just me...

So, last Saturday, I went to my father's house and unpacked all of the candles I've purchased over the last 6 months... I took one look at the pile and thought to myself, wow, I went overboard... But...then I realized that our mint julep cups filled with small bunches of flowers, and my insane amount of candles would be just enough to fill up long tables (with a few left over for the buffet, bar, etc)!!!! Yay for long tables!


photo credit: Natalie & Jake's wedding via Thorsen Photography, random flickr search, Sanny & Oli's destination wedding via theknot, Kimberly & John's wedding via Brian Dorsey Blog

4 comments:

brooke @ claremont road said...

That last photo is my brother's wedding! :-)

Colleen said...

So you're telling me that the ENTIRE Cupcake family is fluent in Wedding Awesomeness?! Not fair!

brooke @ claremont road said...

Haha, you could call it wedding awesomeness.... or you could call it anal retentive designer-itis :-)

Kim @ Inspired Goodness said...

He he he! Was searching for rectangular table setups and found my own wedding. I'm SIL Cupcake!!