bridal shower...

So let me start by saying that I was wholly against having a bridal shower. This was mostly because 85% of our wedding guests are coming from out of town, and our little weekend celebration could run a family of four over $2,500... That's cause enough for some serious wedding guilt. Add to that a second trip to Chicago just to give me presents, and it put me over the edge. I put my foot down and said, NO shower, period.

Wouldn't you know, shortly after I made my feelings crystal clear, I received an invitation to my out of town, family wedding shower... Those sneaky aunts of mine! Because my sister and I were the only ones who would be traveling, and because the presents would almost have to be small due to my needing to pack them in my suitcase, I felt much better about the situation...

I was banished to my bedroom on the morning of the shower, as they needed to "set up". (I didn't think there would be much to "set up"; I honestly thought that we would have the shower in the dining room and then open presents on my grandmother's beautiful back porch...) But, when I came downstairs and looked in the back yard, I WAS BLOWN AWAY! My wonderful aunts and sister had created the most beautiful, late-summer, Anthropology-inspired fĂȘte!


I LOVE MY FAMILY!

3 comments:

Veronica said...

Wow! What a beautiful setup! Congrats on your beautiful shower!

tina said...

OMG! SO NICE! You're blessed. You look pretty too. I look like a man in the photos of me opening presents.

Colleen said...

t - silly, i only chose the good pics of myself! ha! there are like 25 of me looking manly!

hahah!