yay for colorful bridal bouquets

For some reason, I’ve been mildly uneasy about my pomegranate and raspberry colored bridal bouquet. Maybe it’s because almost all of the most beautiful bouquets I’ve seen have been ivory/white, or maybe it’s because a big, bright bouquet against a soft ivory dress is just plain scary, or, maybe I’m afraid that I’ll be jealous of my bridesmaids ivory vendella rose, ivory peony tulips, and ivory dahlias… Whatever the reason may be, I’ve just been nervous about it…until now! This afternoon, I saw Darlene and Jeff’s beautiful wedding featured on The Bride’s Café. Darlene had the most vibrant raspberry colored bouquet I’ve ever seen, and her bridesmaids carried beautiful, delicate, white bouquets alongside her…and it looked AMAZING! My fears have been put to rest. Yaay for pomegranate and raspberry colored bridal bouquets!

photo credit: The Bride's Café

2 comments:

Bad Kid Productions said...

As a former chicagoan- hello! I love your color scheme and think the bright and fun bouquet is a great idea! Congrats and good luck!
:x Broke-Ass Bride
aka Dana at EAD :)

Nice to meet you, my name is Speed Bumpie said...

I call bouquets like that "jewel tones" and they're gorgeous.

Go for it!

Rick from Wedding Paper Divas